A Typical Day On The Bank

A Typical Day On The Bank

Monday 2 February 2015

A look back at 2014. Part 5-The Creedy Chronicles

Hello again, so I am nearing the end of the looking back at 2014 posts now and it wouldn't feel right if I didn't mention our fishing at Creedy lakes. We ended up spending most of our summer evenings at the venue tempting the lakes residents into taking mixers off the top. We were very lucky to have some amazing results too. In fact it would take me far too long to write and you guys far too long to read about every one of them. So this post is just going to show some of our best captures from what really was a great few weeks at this busy Devon day ticket water.
Our tactics for fishing Creedy were simple. Mixers, mixers and more mixers. We would tempt the fish into a feeding frenzy on the surface and then cast our trimmed down pop-up hook-baits out amongst the free offerings. This often resulted in instant action. Once hooked we then did battle with what I have to say are some of the hardest fighting Carp around.
Below are some of our best captures:


17lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon
17lb 

17lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon
16lb
17lb
18lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon
18lb
20lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon
20lb
14lb Mirror from Creedy Lakes in Devon
14lb
Nice 22lb Mirror from Creedy Lakes in Devon
22lb
16lb
21lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon
21lb
19lb
16lb
18lb
15lb
19lb
21lb
18lb

So as you can see, we certainly got amongst them off the top. Not any massive fish but great fun on a summers evening and as I said before these fish offer tremendous sport even on heavy gear. It also is just nice to be out with mates and family at a beautiful lake like Creedy and just really enjoy your fishing. Too often nowadays people get carried away with chasing big fish and putting numbers on every capture, therefore ranking it higher than others that actually may have taken more finesse to catch. 
There was one occasion in 2014 however were I decided not to fish on the top at Creedy. On the day the lake had been rammed with anglers and the fish had been under a lot of pressure. With it being a Sunday though to my surprise by 7 pm I was the only on the lake!!! I then randomly decided to give the fish some bait and heavily baited an area in the silt off the island with Cell boilies. I then cast two of my ever faithful chod rigs out over the area. Within an hour I had fish rolling all over the area. They were straight on the bait!!! It wasn't long before I had a mid-double Common in the net soon followed by a high single. I put more bait in at that point but actually didn't have much left to offer them. Just after baiting up over the top of it my right hand rod roared off. I bent into a heavy fish that then lead me a merry dance all over the lake. It was at this point I was thankful that no one else was around as it may have cut some people up. The fish was just so strong! After a long battle though the fish was mine. I looked down in the net to see what was quite clearly my personal best common Carp. My best at the time was 22lb but it now was 27lb!!! What a result! From a spontaneous act of heavy baiting.


Cracking 27lb Common from Creedy Lakes in Devon.
Pb Common 27lb

I think looking back maybe this capture was more being in the right place at the right time and I feel very lucky to have caught the fish. But however you decide to angle whether on the top or on the deck, Creedy really does have a lot to offer. For me though there's nothing better than a summer evening, a bucket of floaters and those big rubber lips slurping em down! 

Tight Lines!!!

To see more of our Creedy adventures check out our you tube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQg9ct_22WQ

No comments:

Post a Comment